Saturday, January 10, 2009

Goals for '09:

It's fun to think about goals for this year, because they get to be pretty lofty! I'll hopefully graduate with my MBA and have a fabulous new job by this time next year.

So, here goes:
  • Internship(s). I'd like to do an internship or two before I graduate, which will hopefully help me to further clarify the type of work that I want to do after graduation and give me the opportunity to get some experience and meet some interesting people.
  • Volunteer work. I haven't done quite as much of this during my first semester as would have liked, so I'm going to try to add it back into my schedule this semester.
  • Team Consulting Project. I have to do this to graduate, but I'm really looking forward to it. I'm excited to see what organizations applied and who I'll get to work with on this project.
  • Securing a job! This will probably (hopefully) happen closer to the end of '09, but it never hurts to start thinking ahead.
  • Balance. I am setting the goal for myself to have all of my work done an hour before I want to go to bed on most evenings so I can spend that time reading for fun or writing or just mindlessly watching TV. I've determined that laying in bed falling asleep while reading cases is not a productive use of my time and I'm going to change that.

There's my short list. Good luck on your goals (or resolutions, as some like to say) for this year!

No comments: