Saturday, February 14, 2009

NYC bound!

In a throwback to my days as a VISTA, I'm heading to NYC for the upcoming week to do a community service spring break trip with a group of Brandeis undergraduates. I'm pretty pumped about it. We're spending the majority of our time working with an agency that delivers nutritionally-appropriate meals to seriously ill people who cannot cook for themselves: God's Love We Deliver.

This trip will be very different from my past trips: rural Appalachia vs. New York City. Mountains vs. skyscrapers. Coal mines vs. subway systems. But, some of my most meaningful spring break experiences have come from conversations with the people I encounter during the course of the trip ... and I'm sure that I'll meet some amazing people during the next week. I'm looking forward to learning a lot ... and to not checking my email for 6 entire days. See ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's great! Have a wonderful time - can't wait to read all about it!