Saturday, December 6, 2008

Business plan ... done!

I've taken quite a few items off of my very long list of assignments from last time! One of the most enjoyable was actually my business plan presentation. It was probably one of the best group projects I've worked on in my educational career. My group was great to work with - prepared, organized, intelligent - and our presentation was well-received. It felt rewarding to stand up and present an idea that we had spent months working on. I had never looked forward to giving a presentation before, but I was excited to do this one. Overall, a great experience.

Our assignment was to pitch a social venture. Our professor arranged for a few outside professionals to come in and give us feedback; we had people from prominent social ventures in the Boston area as our panel. Our group designed and pitched a unique consulting firm focusing on social impact consulting for small businesses. Who knows ... maybe we'll start it up someday!

In terms of next steps, though, it made me consider consulting as a possible field. I never really thought I'd be interested in the profession, but it was fun to think through all of the organizational problems and challenges that we encountered in designing our project. I enjoyed thinking about the inner workings of a business, and it was also a lot of fun to share our ideas. Oh, the possibilities!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

give more exposure to your MBA Project by sharing it with like minded people.

You may refer to others projects as well ;)